Most Affordable in Teton Village
Recognized worldwide for its value, location, and atmosphere, the Hostel is a Jackson Hole tradition. Located in the heart of upscale Teton Village, Skiing magazine says “the Hostel is arguably the best location in Teton Village”. The New York Times says those looking for a killer deal come here, and The Guardian ranks us as one of the top 5 ski hostels in the world.
In your downtime enjoy our our spacious lawn with a barbeque and picnic tables. Our clean, comfortable guestrooms have either a king bed or four twin beds, all with private bathrooms.
Come stay with us if you’re looking for a great bargain at the base of the premier summer and winter destination resort in the West: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort.
What’s Included at the Hostel:
- A fast and reliable Wi-fi network with the addition of a 300mbps fiber optic connection, to keep those Netflix streams flowing even at peak times, and commercial-grade, dual WAN routers.
- Guest rooms offering RFID locks, Serta mattresses, carpeting, non-slip bathroom flooring, granite sinks, Kohler bathroom showers and snazzy linens. Our King Rooms offer full-width king mattresses – wider than the king beds in most hotels. (Stayover service has been temporarily suspended for everyone’s safety.)
A coffee experience in our lobby, with organically grown, just-ground blends from Jackson’s own JH Roasters, served up in coffee brewers that keep it hot and fresh. So tasty. (temporarily suspended) Ice, courtesy of Manitowoc, to top off a cooler or to enjoy your favorite beverage on the rocks. (temporarily suspended)
|May 1 thru May 20|
9am – 5pm
|Jun 1 thru Oct 17|
9am – 10pm
|Oct 18 thru Oct 31|
9am – 8pm
|Nov 28 thru Dec 10|
7:30am – 10pm
|May 21 thru May 31|
9am – 8pm
|Nov 1 thru Nov 27 |
9am – 5pm
|Dec 11 thru Mar 14|
7:30am – midnight
|Please check in at least one hour prior to the lobby’s closing, or call us at 307-733-3415 to arrange for an after-hours arrival.|
NO CONTACT CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT AVAILABLE AT THE HOSTEL
In response to the Covid-19 virus, the Hostel has adopted the following additional procedures for the health and safety of guests and staff.
Contactless Check-in: To check-in please come to the lobby vestibule, or call (307) 733-3415. We will process your payment while you wait inside or near the vestibule, or over the phone, then safely hand you a sanitized key to your room and email a receipt. If others are in front of you being attended to by staff, we ask that you wait 6’ back to maintain proper social distancing. Check-in time is 3 pm. Early check-ins will be permitted only when the floor of your room has been fully cleaned, inspected, and cleared of staff.
After-hours Arrival: Please contact our staff in advance if you will be arriving after our lobby closing time:
5pm (May 4 – May 20)
8pm (May 21 – May 31)
10pm (June 1 – Oct 17)
8pm (Oct 18 – Oct 31)
On the day of arrival (and not sooner) we will provide you with the number and PIN Code of your lock box, located to the right of the lobby door. The lobby door is located down the boardwalk from the Mid-village parking lot, on the side of the building with the large pine trees. We can provide just one key in the envelope, which will have your room number and WiFi password listed. Additional keys may be obtained the following day by calling the front desk. Lockboxes, keys, and key envelopes will be sanitized prior to your use. The room number of the night manager is listed next to the lock boxes and on the lobby door, if you have trouble accessing your key. You can knock on their door for assistance. Please be mindful of your neighbors and settle in as quickly and quietly as possible.
Check-out: Please check-out out by 11am to avoid interaction with housekeepers, who will begin room cleaning at 11 am. To check out, please simply drop your room keys in the Dropbox to the right of the lobby door. Your receipt will be emailed to you. If you need a late check-out, please make arrangements in advance by calling the front desk at (307) 733-3415. Late check-outs are subject to additional charges. You will need to either stay in your room or be off property from 11 am until your late check-out time to avoid interaction with housekeeping.
Housekeeping: We are suspending daily housekeeping on the days guests stay over, and will clean rooms only after guests check-out, or after every seven days during extended stays at a time when the guest is away from the room. Please feel free to call or email with requests for clean towels, trash pickup, or extra supplies . A staff member will place requested items, sanitized when necessary, in a designated location for pick-up. Alternatively, in the mornings by 11 am, you may place used towels in separate bags provided on the balcony directly outside and next to your door, as well as bagged trash securely tied off and empty pizza boxes. The housekeeping staff will retrieve these items prior to 3pm, and provide you with clean towels and additional bags.
Bedding: All beds will be made with clean linens from our commercial laundry provider, which also provides our towels and washcloths. We will not place blankets or duvets on your bed. They will be provided separately in the room, and you will have the choice to use them. We have instituted a system to ensure that they have not been used by other guests for at least 24 hours prior to your check-in. It can get chilly at night, even in summer, but the baseboard heaters are more than adequate to maintain a comfortable room temperature if you choose not to utilize the blankets or duvet.
Cleaning in Guest Rooms: When cleaning guest rooms, we are taking extra precautions and cleaning steps using a CDC-approved disinfectant cleaning spray.
Concierge Assistance, Requests for Extra Keys, Changes to Reservations, & Emergencies: It is unfortunate that we will not be able to provide you with our wealth of local knowledge in person at the front desk. You may either call (307) 733-3415 with quick and easy questions, or email [email protected] with more complicated questions. We will respond as soon as we can, subject to helping other guests with reservations or check-ins. An after-hours night manager will be on duty, with their room number posted on the front door, if you are locked out or have an emergency; please do not utilize this service for minor requests which may wait until regular office hours.
Cleaning and Social Distancing in Common Areas: We have increased the frequency of cleaning/disinfecting public spaces, with a focus on high-touch areas, including door handles, railings, counters, public bathrooms, room keys and envelopes. Access to the lobby and basement has been temporarily suspended. Please help minimize the spread of Covid-19 by following these procedures and temporary limitations:
* Vestibule: Please do not enter the lobby. You may gain the attention of a staff member sitting inside, or call (307) 733-3415 during posted office hours. If others are ahead of you, please wait 6’ back to maintain proper social distancing.
* Stairwells & Balconies: While navigating the stairwells and balconies, please observe others and give way when possible to maintain the maximum Social Distance. We ask that you do not hang out on balconies, to help minimize the instances of others having to break optimal Social Distancing. Please also remember that there is NO SMOKING on the balconies. Our designated smoking area is located under the tree on the Mangy Moose side of the building, opposite the parking lot.
* Lobby & Basement: These areas are temporarily closed to guests. Coffee service, access to the ice machine, TVs, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, games/puzzles, and public bathrooms will thus be unavailable until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. However, if the staff are not helping other guests, they may be able to provide you with ice. As circumstances evolve, we will re-open the lobby and basement, but may remove certain non-critical items. Once these common areas are re-opened, our staff will routinely clean high touch surfaces using a CDC-approved, disinfectant cleaning spray.
* Laundry Room: We are suspending cooking and paid shower activities from this space to promote social distancing. The laundry machines remain available. While doing laundry, please minimize the persons from your group using this room, and do not enter while other guests are inside. The staff will routinely sanitize frequently touched surfaces/items in this room.
* Yard: We have spaced the outdoor seating throughout our spacious yard. If you relocate any furniture, please return it to its original location. You may continue to utilize the BBQ, though we are discouraging persons from different groups from mixing around the BBQ. To allow everyone a chance to cook, please refrain from hanging out around the fire beyond the time it may take to cook. We prefer that you bring your own charcoal/lighter fluid, as wood fires tend to smoke out the guest rooms facing the BBQ. Our quiet hours, 10pm to 9am, apply in the yard. We also ask that guests begin to wrap up BBQ use at 9pm, so that the yard can be cleared and tidied by 10pm.
Staff Health, Safety, and Knowledge: At the start of every shift, every employee will have their temperature and any symptoms checked and logged. No employee will work if feverish or presenting symptoms of Covid-19. Knowing that asymptomatic transmission is possible with Covid-19, staff on duty potentially interacting with guests or each other will be wearing face masks and, while housekeeping, gloves and goggles. Staff will be encouraged to practice frequent hand-washing for 20+ seconds. Frequently touched surfaces and items will be routinely sanitized, and your guestroom will receive an enhanced, thorough cleaning.
The Hostel has onsite staff 24/7 to support guests and coordinate with local authorities. St. John’s Health is providing extended services to the community, and may be reached at (307) 733-3636, or at (307) 730-4898, option 3, for a phone evaluation of symptoms. For further information on what is being done in Jackson Hole to combat Covid-19, visit jhcovid.com or stjohns.health/coronavirus-info.
See the Map
From the pressSee all reviews
Press Quote 1
Arguably the best location in Teton Village...There’s a ski-tuning room...Coffee and tea, fireplace and living area...The Hostel is close, too. In ski boots, we walk one minute to the gondola...
Press Quote 2
Skiers of all stripes looking for a killer deal on slope side lodging come here.
Press Quote 3
The Guardian ranks the Hostel as one of the "Five Best Ski Hostels" in the world, while Freeskier calls us "legendary."
Press Quote 4
A great bargain for those who don't need the trimmings... you can walk to the Mangy Moose and other fun spots, and nobody will be able to tell you apart from the skiers staying at the Four Seasons.